Sunshine, beaches, family vacations and a perfect tan are only a few of the things we love about our favorite season: Summer. Though we're all grown up now and have long kissed the days of three-month summer vacations goodbye, we can still feel like kids again when we smell the tropical scent of suntan lotion or bite into a cool slice of fresh watermelon.
There are so many pleasant memories of childhood summers we decided to ask our Facebook fans to chime in with the little pleasures that take them back to a time when all they had to worry about was running their own lemonade stand.
1. Salty air and sand between your toes.
2. Campfires and s'mores.
3. The Beach Boys music.
4. Freshly mowed grass.
5. The sound of lawn sprinklers.
7. Carnival foods: cotton candy, corn dogs, funnel cakes and so many more.
8. Charcoal barbecues.
10. Citronella candles.
11. Lake water.
12. Laundry drying in the sun.
13. The smell of library books and an abundance of free time to read them all.
14. Freshly picked berries.
16. Flip flops.
What takes YOU back to childhood summers? Let us know in comments.
EARLIER ON HUFFPOST50:
HuffPost Parents offers a daily dose of personal stories, helpful advice and comedic takes on what it’s like to raise kids today. Learn more