What's the one thing in life that will never let you down? A dog. We've proven time after time that dogs are one species we generally can't live without. Honestly, it's a dog's world and we're all just living in it.
But there's a population of pups that hasn't gotten proper recognition: Poodle crossbreeds. Mixes like Labradoodles, Goldendoodles, Cockapoos and Maltipoos (to name a few) have gained popularity in the past few years. Over half of the most popular crossbreeds in the United States are Poodle mixes -- and for good reason. Here are ten reasons every home should come equipped with a Poodle crossbreed.
1. They're a hybrid of two already awesome breeds -- making them doubly adorable.
2. Poodles are great with children, easy to train and they live well with other animals.
Thank you Cesar Milan.... I wouldn't say I'm perfect yet but we are getting there!! #dog #labradoodle #happydog #cesarmillan #perfect #cute #model #puppy #blue #boy #love #labradoodlesofinstagram #frenchbulldog #pug #puggle #chihuahua #chowchow #pomeranian #healthy #犬 #nofilter #ilovemydog #fluffy #alfonsothedog
3. According to research, hybrids are far less likely to exhibit disorders that are common with their parental breeds. As a result, their genetic health will be substantially better.
4. Because they are healthier, pups like Goldendoodles wind up living longer than both of their parent breeds.
6. They also pass on their dense coat of wiry hair, which sheds dramatically less than most breeds -- aka less time vacuuming.
8. Poodles come in three sizes: standard, miniature and toy. So you can hand pick the size of your crossbreed -- so they can fit in a huge house in the country or in a tiny apartment in a city.
10. And because honestly, who can resist this face?
Language has been adjusted to clarify that no dog will be a universal match for allergy sufferers.
Also on HuffPost:
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more