ENTERTAINMENT

Jamie Sangouthai's Cause Of Death Related To Drug Use, Says Coroner

06/18/2015 03:25 pm ET | Updated Jun 18, 2015

Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian's close friend Jamie Sangouthai died from a bacterial skin infection related to drug use, the LA County coroner confirmed to multiple publications.

The 37-year-old died on Sunday, and while some outlets initially claimed he died of a drug overdose, the Coroner told Page Six, Sangouthai died from necrotizing fasciitis, a rare flesh eating disease that was caused by injections from dirty needles.

Sangouthai appeared on a 2009 episode of the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and made regular appearances on the spinoff series "Khloe & Lamar," during which his struggle with drugs was highlighted.

Also on HuffPost:

The Kardashians
Suggest a correction
Comments

CONVERSATIONS