Fresh cherries are the perfect add-in for your summertime guacamole because of their texture and ability to soak up the flavors of the avocado leaving you with a sweet taste in each bite.
Grilled Cherry Guacamole
Vegan and Gluten-Free
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
2 tsp. olive oil
2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and sliced in half
Juice of 1 large orange
1/4 tsp. fresh orange zest
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss cherries in olive oil. Place cherries in a large piece of tin foil and fold to seal at the top.
- Transfer foil wrapped cherries to the heated grill; cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mash avocados using a fork until it forms a guacamole consistency.
- Remove cherries from grill; set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Add cherries to the avocado mixture with remaining ingredients; mix to combine.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with more fresh basil, if desired. Enjoy!