This Valentine's Day, forgo the typical (red roses, teddy bears) and opt for the out of this world. Here's a list of 10 romantic date ideas guaranteed to set your paramour's heart a-flutter:
- Steam up in a natural Japanese onsen (i.e. hot spring) in Japan's country side. Most onsens apply a "no clothing" rule. How convenient.
- Take up an afternoon cooking class in the culinary capital of Paris and learn how to make a souffle. Then devour the goods over candlelight. Oui, oui, oui.
- Zoom over beaches and glide through rain forests on a zip-lining tour in Costa Rica. Look out for white faced monkeys and colorful toucans native to the area.
- Connect over compassion in New Orleans, building a Habitat for Humanity house together. After a rewarding hard day's work, unwind with the locals and dance zydeco underneath the stars. Finish the night off with a midnight snack of hot beignets dusted with powdered sugar and black coffee. Oh, and don't forget to kiss the powder off your honey's nose!
- Bicycle along the rolling vineyards of Napa Valley. Get buzzed off life. That, and your fourth glass of vino.
- Find a cozy spot on your lover's lap in the Lapland region of Finland to watch rare blue-hued Northern Lights undulate across dark skies. Cold hands, warm heart -- right.
- Skate around iconic Wollman Rink in New York's Central Park. Hold hands, watch your cheeks turn rosy red; follow with a healthy helping of hot chocolate.
- Spend a weekend at Viceroy Anguilla in a rooftop suite with a plunge pool overlooking blue Caribbean waters. Ease into the day with a couple's massage. Sup and sip the night away with a three-course dinner and lots of bubbly.
- Salsa under the stars in Sao Paulo, Brazil with the help of a few pitchers of sangria and a live band.
- Dress up in your nautical blues and whites and spend the day sailing the sparkling Mediterranean Sea. Pack a picnic to share during sunset.
To read more romantic date ideas, check out the various readers' ideas here
Follow Amy Chan on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JustMyTypeMag