Many people agreed with me and many people disagreed--especially with Rule #4, which stated that kids should be able to play with toys and electronic devices at the table (if the toys are on mute, of course).
Most of the comments I receive come through the website or to my email. But occasionally I still get snail mail. The above is easily one of my favorite reader letters of all time. It hangs on my office wall. Thank you for your note Robert. I guess my daughter will have to dine out on pastrami sandwiches, Big Macs, or Chuck E. Cheese pizza until she's 8 years-old.
More from Bon Appétit:
- Bon Appétit's 8 Quick Recipes for January
- 10 Surprising Health Foods
- Bon Appétit's 12 Favorite Short Rib Recipes
- Best Restaurant Dishes for Under10
- Bon Appétit's Best of Food in 2009