Easy and delicious brunch recipe? Bacon cups it is.
It's Saturday morning. On Friday a coworker handed off a carton of eggs from her own chickens, and later that day you broke down and bought a package of local bacon from Niman Ranch. What do you do? Make bacon cups, of course.
Or at least that's how it went in the EcoSalon kitchen a few weekends back when we were brainstorming brunch ideas.
To be perfectly honest, we're (almost) over the bacon internet meme, and we really don't want to be one of those people, but these bacon cups are kind of amazing. And simple!
So if you want to impress your bacon-and-egg-loving friends -- we make plenty of vegan fare, too, honest! -- give these a shot. You won't be disappointed.
These are also ideal for large breakfast or brunch parties because you can pop in several muffin tins into the oven at once, solving the perennial "How to fry eggs for 10 people and all sit down to eat at the same time" conundrum.
EcoSalon's Bacon Cups
- 6 strips of local, organic bacon
- 6 organic eggs, preferably from chickens you know
- Some type of crumbly cheese: goat, blue cheese, parmesan, etc.
- Green onion, chopped
- Line each tin hole of a muffin tin with bacon. If you like your bacon a little crispy, put tin in the oven at 350F for 10 or so.
- Crack one egg into each hole.
- Sprinkle with green onions and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pop the bacon cups out of pan onto a plate and serve immediately.
Want more food action? Check out EcoSalon's entire food section.
Images: Anna Brones, Natalie Dee, Anna Brones
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more