'Tis the season for year-end round up lists and The Accidental Locavore is as lazy good at lists as anyone else. So, here are the top six blog posts for 2012, based on very little scientific research. Some of them were the most commented on, others were the most clicked on. If your favorite didn't make the list, comment below.
- Cheese: Two Lessons in Love and Affinage: Talked about the importance of aging cheese, otherwise known as affinage, and whether it made a difference or was just a new way of being affected.
- Battle of the Blueberries: New Jersey vs. Maine: Do blueberries reflect where they're grown? Are New Jersey berries big and brash like other things in the Garden State? And do Maine blueberries have that Down East sensibility?
- Best Sweets From Surprising Sources: The Accidental Locavore found some really good cookies and dessert from a couple of surprising places. What were they and where did I find them?
- Add Levity to Your Holiday Meal With Christmas Dinner Bingo: If you need a laugh at any family meal, try this twist on the classic Bingo game. It also works for business meetings. Put all those clichés to a good use!
- If a Small Farm Fails, Does Anyone Notice?: This one was near and dear to my heart. The farm that essentially created the Accidental Locavore failed after last year's Hurricane Irene and the following storms.
- The Top 9 Things NOT to do at a Farmers' Market: This was one of my first posts on Huffington Post and generated a huge number of comments! The link is to the original post, however if you want to read it on HuffPost and see some of the hundreds of comments, click here.