We might be just a few days into December but I've been thinking about this year's Pop Culture Christmas List since, well, since last year's. Pop Culture Santa Claus gave me a few things on my last list, (Emmy noms for FNL stars! Avatar didn't totally suck! Thanks to a new roommate, I got a Nintendo Wii! I went to Disneyland!), but I must say, looking back on my requests, quite a few of my wishes remain unfulfilled. Which brings us to -- my Pop Culture Christmas List for 2010.
- Tron: Legacy to not suck
- Justin Bieber to try a new haircut
- Tom Brady to try a new haircut
- "cosmic" to replace "epic" in the daily pop culture vernacular
- Angry Birds to give me back my soul/ability to focus
- Silly Bandz to never go out of style
- a totally badass unknown actress cast as Katniss in The Hunger Games movie
- no more scandalous pictures to leak of young Disney starlets
- Taylor Momsen to wash her face
- some consistent story lines on Glee
- all the Ke$ha-haters to just shut-up and embrace the glitter
- no more TV shows about vampires
- no more TV shows that are musicals
- no more TV shows that are spin-offs of NCIS or CSI or other similar-sounding acronyms
- Booth's weird girlfriend to make a swift exit from Bones so he and Brennan can totally do it already
- a third X-Files movie to be announced
- a Celtics-Lakers rematch in the 2011 NBA Finals, but this time the Celtics win
- someone to make a TV show and/or movie that features a unicorn
- a whole lot of people start watching Fringe, Community and Cougar Town so ratings skyrocket and these three TV shows are universally recognized for being very, very good
- the incredible drama Terriers gets picked-up for a second season
- Sarah Palin and Bristol Palin (and all other Palins) to go away
- whoever Amber the "Teen Mom" is to go away
- John Mayer to go away
- Kanye West to keep being his crazy self
- Lady Gaga to keep being her crazy self
- Courtney Love to stop being her crazy self
- Willow Smith to keep whipping that hair of hers
- John Stamos to headline his own TV show* (*preferably this show will be the reality competition show Stamos vs. Stamos, but I'd settle for a half hour comedy)
- Scream 4 to be just as horribly amazing as we're all hoping
- Four Loko to remain legal and readily available in California. Forever.
And if I could get someone to buy my screenplay, pilot, life rights, whatever -- that'd be just peachy.
Happy Holidays to all the Pop Culture Junkies out there -- please comment with your own requests and may all your Pop Culture Christmas wishes come true!