The other day while talking with a friend about the ridiculousness of the so-called "Mommy Wars," I realized that regardless of whether a mom is working out of the home or in the home, both women are essentially spending their day doing the same things. Here is proof that the mommy wars are a joke, and one mom works just as hard as the next...
10 Ways Working Moms and Stay-At-Home Moms Have The Exact Same Day:
1. Mornings SUCK. Every morning, every mom is up way too early hoping to have enough time to make breakfasts, pack lunches and get everyone dressed and started on their day... Then spend whatever time is left trying to make ourselves look presentable.
2. We wipe a**es all day. Whether it's our kid or our boss, someone needs their a** wiped.
3. We clean up messes all day... that we didn't make. Whether it's a kid or a coworker, someone is making a big mess we will inevitably clean up.
4. We can't get a thing done. Whether it's a kid or coworkers/clients, someone is doing their best to keep us from accomplishing one thing.
5. Lunch is an afterthought. Whether you are at home or the office, lunch constitutes wolfing something down so fast you barely taste it.
6. We entertain children and their silly ideas. ALL DAY. Whether it's your kid(s) or your coworker/clients throwing ridiculous ideas and dumba**ery at you, it's happening to all of us. All day long.
7. At 5:00 p.m., the work day is FAR from over. To a mom, 5:00 p.m. means it's time to shift into night-mom mode: make dinner, baths, bedtime, prepare for the next day.
8. Bedtime is the best time. The minute the kid(s) are asleep, all moms do the happy dance.
9. We spend the evening doing all kinds of things we don't want to. Even though we all just want to sit down and relax, we can't until the dishes are done, the laundry is switched over, the clothes are laid out and the next day is prepped for.
10. We crawl into bed EXHAUSTED! With all the a** wiping, mess cleaning, constant interruptions, poor nutrition and caring for our family's every need, how could we not crawl into bed EXHAUSTED?
Follow April McCormick on Twitter: www.twitter.com/lovelifeDIY