A while back, I shared 98-year-old Rose's top ten ways to look stylish and great at 98. A year later, Rose is wiser and more beautiful than ever. Here are the latest lifestyle tips from an amazing 99-year-old woman. For more on Rose and other stylish men and women of a certain age check out Advanced Style.
- Stay Organized. "If you take a toothpick out, or a pair of pantyhose, or a hundred dollar bill, always put it back where you found it, because if you add up the the time you spent looking for it later, that's a waste of time."
- "Always tell the truth because if you don't you'll have to think of another lie."
- "Be More, appear Less."
- "Always take the phone off the hook when you're in the bath."
- "Make friends with the maitre d''"
- "Never loan, Never borrow."
- "Never keep anyone waiting. Always be 15 minutes early."
- "Never look back. Always look forward."
- "Don't be afraid to tell your age, that's silly. Be proud of your age."
- "Don't frequent a restaurant where they don't crumb the table."
Here are Rose's top ten beauty and lifestyle secrets on how to look and feel great at 98. For more on this wise woman CLICK HERE.
Find your perfect perfume, people will remember you by your scent. Rose is known for her Pauline Trigere fragrance. She tells her granddaughter, "I'll give you anything in the world, but I won't give you my perfume."
Belts and Beads. Rose believes that a belt or unique strand of beads can really make an outfit and they don't have to cost a fortune.
Take care of your feet and wear good shoes, but when you are going out for a night on the town "Fashion comes before comfort." At 98, Rose goes out every single night!
"Walking is a must, it's better than doctors or medicine"
No need to use expensive moisturizers, Rose swears by Oil of Olay which she has been using for decades.
"Inexpensive lipstick is as good as expensive, only better!" Rose has tried every brand from Chanel to Lauder and has recently been turned on to Revlon.
Be Unique: "If Everyone is wearing it, then its not for me."
"Be smart enough to know what you don't know."
If you have trouble reading the dinner menu, Lorgnettes are a fashionable and elegant alternative to reading glasses (see example above).
"Be Happy, enjoy what you have at every moment!"