*Watch this event live on May 21st from 12-3pm EDT
The Aspen Forum for Community Solutions, Center for Community Change, My Brother's Keeper Alliance, and the Vera Institute of Justice invite you to a leadership and conversation on the mass incarceration crisis.
We are at a pivotal moment. Supporters of mass incarceration have argued that locking people away is needed to fight crime, but the imprisonment rate has climbed regardless of fluctuations in crime rates, giving the United States the highest incarceration rates in the world. The current revolving door system has done little rehabilitate men and women; tearing families and leaving communities no safer.
This event will bring together policy, system and community leaders for a critical conversation on the history and impact of mass incarceration and the strategies to end it. Designed for an audience of legislative, policy and advocacy leaders, we expect the event to serve as a powerful catalyst to action on this urgent issue.
- Bill Keller, editor-in-chief, Marshall Project
- Marc Levin, policy director, Right on Crime
- Danielle Sered, director, Common Justice Program, Vera Institute for Justice
- Nick Turner, president and director, Vera Institute for Justice
- John Wetzel, secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Corrections
Never miss a thing. Sign up for up-to-the-minute breaking news alerts delivered straight to your inbox. Learn more