Anything that doesn't involve monetary exchange simply does not register to the GDP. If we employed a better way of assessing economic conditions, would we have fewer broken lives and less despair?
Although genetically engineered bovine growth hormone is banned in many countries, including much of the European Union, it is today widely used in California's largest dairy operations.
Only 30 percent of antibiotics used in the U.S. are administered to people. The other 70 percent are administered to U.S. livestock to compensate for the unhealthy conditions of factory farms.