This is a 90 second video with last-minute strategies to weather election day and protect your vote. It includes election protection phone numbers, day-before advice, what to bring on election day and ways to pass the time in line, all set to a powerful soundtrack.
The video is part of an action alert from the Voter Suppression Wiki.
BEFORE YOU GO TO VOTE
* Confirm polling location: not always same as primary / caucus location.
* Print out voting rights: know phone numbers, rules, etc.
* Save election protection numbers in your cell: 866-OUR-VOTE / 866-687-8683 & espanol 888-VE-Y-VOTA / 888-839-8682
* Check weather.
* Note nearby public bathrooms.
VOTING DAY PACKING LIST
* No political, campaign clothing.
* I.D. just in case.
(for yourself or others)...
* Bottled water, snacks.
* Umbrella / trash: bags in case of rain.
* Sweater / jacket: in case of cold or to cover campaign clothing.
* Folding chairs: for the tired, the injured, the elderly.
* Camera: to document fraud or simply history. Share with Video The Vote or YouTube's Video Your Vote project.
VOTING DAY ACTIVITIES
* Play six degrees of kevin bacon.
* Remember favorite campaign moments.
* Sing civil rights songs.
* Meet your neighbors!
* Voting with provisional ballot is better than not voting at all.
Please see the action alert from the Voter Suppression Wiki for full and evolving details.
Follow Baratunde Thurston on Twitter: www.twitter.com/baratunde