10. Use a photo of your dog or kids or your favorite quote as your profile picture so no one knows who you really are. Plus, it's a great way to hide that bad '80s haircut.
9. Go on a political rant. Use your professional profile to lash out against religious activist groups, Congress or both. Alienate friends, family and potential employers all in one tirade!
8. Litter your posts with foul language. You can find a more articulate way to express your ideas, but the effort just isn't f@*%ing worth it.
7. Oh IDK, say C-ya to proper grammar. LOL!
6. Be boring. Posts about your choice of breakfast foods are super engaging, because everyone really wants to know if you went with cold cereal or eggs and bacon.
5. Show off your lack of originality by only sharing and reposting things from other people.
4. KEEP THE CAPS LOCK KEY ON CONSTANTLY SO YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE YELLING. ALL. THE. TIME. PEOPLE LOVE TO BE YELLED AT.
3. Be a "Jack of all topics" and an expert in none. Talk about marketing, fishing, car repair, leadership, cooking, sports, social media and how to be a snazzy dresser, but definitely do not showcase where you are an expert.
2. Do NOT let anyone know the real you! Have an online persona that is nothing like who you really are because reality is overrated.
1. Constantly post questionable jokes and tasteless photos. HR directors love pranksters and those with low moral standards.