Having been an acting and success coach for the past 28 years, I've noticed that people, now more than ever, are confusing a dream with a wish. There is a BIG difference. It's like night and day. People tell you, with sincerity, how much they want to achieve their dreams. But when you take a second look, you realize that it's not a dream that they are talking about, but merely a wish. Wishes are no more than words, and will never come to pass. You don't want to wake up one day, to realize, that you treated your dream like a wish.
Here are some ways for you to know if you are living a WISH or a DREAM.
Wishes are something you think about, and...
1) You're telling yourself you're going to do it some day, but SOMEDAY is not a day of the week.
2) The thought of change scares you.
3) You don't ask for help.
4) You are very controlling.
5) You're not training or in a class that is challenging you.
6) You don't seek opportunities.
7) You're afraid to fail. You can't win if you are not willing to loose.
8) You care about what other people think.
9) You want a greater life, but never leave your COMFORT ZONES.
10) You feel not worthy of your goal.
A Dream is an obsession that makes you unstoppable.
1) You feel that your fears and blocks are gifts because once you overcome them you discover your power.
2) When you think about your dream your optimistic and full of joy.
3) You're willing to live in uncertainty.
4) You're self inspired. Motivation and drive are not a problem for you.
5) You are studying with the best coaches.
6) If opportunity isn't knocking, you build your own door.
7) You follow your instincts.
8) You feel like you are living your dream now.
9) You surround yourself with inspiring people who are doing more than you.
10) You start before you're ready.
Don't confuse wishes with dreams. Because if you do, your "dream" will become your nightmare.
Facebook Bernard Hiller's Acting Class and Friends
The Morning Email helps you start your workday with everything you need to know: breaking news, entertainment and a dash of fun. Learn more