It's been 20 months since Barack Obama was inaugurated, six months since health care reform was signed into law, three months since seniors began receiving prescription drug rebate checks, and one week since the first round of reforms was implemented.
After a bruising political fight stoking much confusion about what health care reform would actually do, popularity of the new law is steadily strengthening, with a clear majority of the country either satisfied or wanting government to do even more.
How crazy have conservatives become in response to the progressive majority moving us forward on health care?
The second installment of "Top 10 Crazy Things Conservative Say" from Campaign for America's Future has the answer!
10. "You have every right to fear. You shouldn't have counseling at the end of life, you should have done that 20 years before. Should not have a government run plan to decide when to pull the plug on grandma." -- Sen. Chuck Grassley
9. "...they don't want to take argument with things like requiring that your 26 year old be on your insurance policy. I kind of like it when they grew up and went out in the world." -- Rep. Steve King
8. A lot of religious leaders who come out of basically a socialist background. They don't create wealth. They don't create jobs." -- Possible presidential candidate , explaining why so many Christian leaders supported health care reform.
7. "To our seniors, I have a message for you: you're going to die sooner." -- Sen. Tom Coburn
6. "You are asking us to trust turning power over to the government, when there are clearly people in American who believe in establishing euthanasia, including selective standards." -- Newt Gingrich
5. "If ObamaCare passes, that free insurance card that's in people's pockets is gonna be as worthless as a Confederate dollar after the war between the states -- the Great War of Yankee Aggression." -- Rep. Paul Broun
4. "There are things that are wrong with Japanese health care, but people are afraid of voicing. 'Well why is that,' I asked. [He said], 'Because they know that would get on a list and they wouldn't get health care. They wouldn't get in. They wouldn't get seen. And so people are afraid. They're afraid to speak back to government. They're afraid to say anything.' Is that what we want for our future? That takes us to gangster government at that point!" -- Rep. Michelle Bachmann
3. "I believe one of the biggest issues in September and October will be 16,000 IRS agents and I suspect every Republican candidate will campaign on a promise to cut off all funding in January for the 16,000 IRS agents. You don't need a health Gestapo in the United States" -- Newt Gingrich
2. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care." -- Former Gov. Sarah Palin
...And Number 1!
"Hell No, You Can't." -- House Minority Leader John Boehner
For some non-crazy information about health care, check out:
* Politifact.com: Palin 'death panel' claim sets Truth-O-Meter ablaze
* GettingCovered.org's message to the 2 million young adults that can now get insurance through their parents' plans: Top 5 Reasons to Get Covered
* Cleveland Plain Dealer debunks "16,000 IRS agents" claim: "...most of those jobs -- and the IRS has not yet determined a number -- will not go to audit Americans..."
Click here for the previous edition: Top 10 Crazy Things Conservatives Say About The Economy.
Terrance Heath assisted with the research for this post.
Originally posted at OurFuture.org
Follow Bill Scher on Twitter: www.twitter.com/billscher