I don't need a lot to be happy in this life. I mean, I already have so much. I'm surrounded by the love of family and friends. I'm in a creative career. I know I've got it good. And while I hate to always be wanting more, more, more, I have these thoughts and dreams in the back of my head that are telling me that I can always be happier. I think everyone has those. So I thought I'd share mine with you all. I think you'll be able to relate to most of them.
- I'd like just enough money to be able to buy anything ever, like aircraft carriers or Picasso's entire body of work. I never want to think about what could have been, you know?
- I want to be in good enough shape that my funeral will be open casket and that my loved ones will feel comfortable displaying me shirtless to the mourners.
- This one would eliminate the previous entry, but being immortal would be nice.
- It would be awesome if 9/11 had never happened. Terrorism is especially uncool, and finding a way of preventing those particular attacks from happening would be great.
- Eradicating racism, sexism, poverty and disease are pretty important to me.
- I'd love if there were more putt-putt golf courses in urban centers. There are so few so they're always so packed! It's a fun game, but I don't have a lot of opportunity to play it without having to wait in some pretty long lines to get my swings in.
- Reversing climate change would be a fucking gamechanger, in my opinion.
- Umm what else? Just wiping away people's student loan debt would really help out a lot.
- Same with credit card debt.
- I'd love it if any alien races we come in contact with are friendly and don't want to destroy and enslave us for our natural resources and slave labor. It would be fun to meet some new friends, you know? :)
As you can see, it's a bit aspirational but I don't think it's like a totally crazy list or anything. I just want to have a bit of money, have a body I'm proud of, live a long life, prevent bad things from happening, get rid of existing bad things, have more recreation options, save the environment, pay down my debts faster and expand my social circle. That's all.