Soaking in a warm, fragrant tub can be a sensual delight, offering time to retreat, reflect and refresh. Here is an easy way to make this more enjoyable for you and your loved ones.
Bath salts are cleansing, relaxing for sore muscles, softening to the skin and detoxifying after bodywork.
Add 1/4 to 1 teaspoon essential oil for every 1 cup total single or combination of sea salt, Epsom salt or baking soda. Stir well. Using a seashell as a scoop makes a delightful gift addition. Add one handful per filled bath. One cup of bath salts should make 4 to 5 baths. Store in a glass jar.A Few Suggestions for Scents:
- Athlete's Bath: ginger, juniper, lavender, marjoram, rosemary
- Cold and Flu Bath: eucalyptus, ginger
- Dry Skin Bath: chamomile, rose
- Energizing Bath: eucalyptus, lemon thyme, peppermint, pine, rosemary
- Kid's Bath: lavender, rose
- Love Bath: cardamom, cinnamon, jasmine, rose, sandalwood
- Oily Skin Bath: lavender, lemon, orange, yarrow
- Premenstrual Bath: chamomile, Clary sage, lavender
- Relaxing Bath: chamomile, lavender
- Sore Muscle Bath: rosemary
- Red: Beet powder
- Green: Chlorofresh capsules (made by Natures Way; prick open 2 or 3 capsules with a pin and squeeze out the content)
- Yellow: Turmeric (you will need to scrub the tub when using this by itself or mixed with beets to give orange)
- Blue green: Spirulina powder
- Orange: Beet powder and turmeric
Soak and enjoy. When done bathing, let the water run out the drain as you visualize your stress going with it.
Follow Brigitte Mars on Twitter: www.twitter.com/brigittemars