The theme of this week's five reasons to stop being terrible seems to be childhood: whether it's kids doing awesome things, the things you weren't too cool to geek out over when you were a kid, or the single greatest television personality ever being re-delivered to us in the most magical way.
Now, I'm no scientist, but I'm pretty sure these five things will rewire your neurons and turn you into an emotional superhero, at least long enough to get you through the weekend.
1. Mister Rogers Remix 'Garden Of Your Mind'
Not only is this the most inspiring video of the week, it may be the best thing that's ever happened to YouTube, the Internet and the universe. Remember when there was a guy on TV every day who encouraged you to use your imagination and be open to the wonders of the world around you?
2. Kids Help Student With Cerebral Palsy Finish Race Matt was given the option to sit out this race on Field Day but he was determined to finish. And his fellow students decided to help make sure that happened. This will rip the tears right out of your face... in a good way.
3. This Moth First of all, this thing exists. Second, someone got a photo of it. Third, if you need to let your inner animal nerd out of its cage, Project Noah exists to oblige you.
4. Little Boy Hears Mother's Voice For First Time
After getting cochlear implants, this two-year-old reacts to hearing his mom's voice for the first time. Have you ever heard anything that made you this happy?
5. Single Rainbows Sure, they aren't as fancy as double rainbows, but they're the dependable, always-there-for-you-when-things-get-tough rainbows, and you can't put a price or viral video on that.
Good luck everyone, and remember, "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things."
Follow Carol Hartsell on Twitter: www.twitter.com/carolrhartsell