Having been a meditation teacher and counselor for 20 years and then some, I've pretty much seen it all. Students come through my doorway from all different backgrounds at varying levels, but they all have two things in common: They feel stressed and they are obsessed with the story dancing in their brains. What they are all seeking is one thing... they long to dissolve the illusion of separation from others that keeps them from connecting as deeply as they want to with life. In short, they want to transform their fears into openheartedness and experience oneness with everything and no matter what has happened in their precious lives, they want to belong to the vastness of love that they sense is available. My guess is someone inside of you feels that way too. So, I've assembled 100 Ways to Oneness that are simple guides to getting you there. Here are a dozen ways to help you go on your way. Practice these by melting into them in a meditative state of awareness. In other words, relax and let go. Breathe deep and acknowledge your everlasting, indisputable, connection to the universe that created you, an expression of innocence, beauty, creativity, peace of mind. Realize that you are never alone, totally supported. Then...
1. Find a dozen things every day that you have gratitude for, name them out loud and thank them. Every time you acknowledge grace in your life that vibration expands and magnetizes love in your world.
2. Envision an altar everywhere you go that honors the earth. See it lit with candles, flowers -- whatever feels healing.
3. Forgive yourself for all of your fears and accompanying emotions, laugh at them and let go. Name those situations out loud and acknowledge that they are a part of your learning.
4. Throughout the day when you need to make a decision, ask the Universe, "Is this for my highest good?" Then listen very quietly from the Still Voice inside of you.
5. Let your thoughts blow away like leaves in the wind. Be still.
6. Close your eyes and see with your third eye. Open that chakra and let the light blow through it releasing your from all responsibility. Breathe and be aware of a different way of seeing.
7. Stop blaming others and own your part in creating the experiences of your life.
8. Walk barefoot on the earth and envision sending love through the grids connecting
everyone to that love. Imagine the energy of love and compassion moving through cities and peoples in conflict. See and feel the energy shifting.
9. Focus on your Divine connection to the Creator, bring it through you, and send that love out into the universe. Do this when you're in traffic, in a restaurant, in a doctor's office, interacting with someone you don't understand... anytime, anywhere, to everyone!
10. Look into the eyes of an animal, breathe deeply, and relax. Let the quiet, peaceful energy of unconditional love pour through you.
11. Write a love poem to the Creator. Write the Creator's response.
12. Be a prayer flag, a message of love and positive intention dancing in the wind.
There are endless ways to invoke your true home, your stillness, and deepest identity. In the coming weeks we will discover them together. Until then, breathe! And 10,000 blessings to you from all directions!
Carol Simone, simply known as Simone, is a spiritual catalyst in private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area where she teaches meditation, hypnotherapy, the metaphysical arts, and workshops on self-empowerment. She is the author of The Goddess of 5th Avenue, Being Quan Yin, The Kiss of the Shaman and others. You can write to her at www.carolsimone.com.
For more by Carol Simone, click here.
For more on emotional wellness, click here.