Colorful and easy to make, this dish has heat, smokiness and is hearty without being too heavy.
- 1 bunch rainbow chard (or regular), stems cut into bite size & leaves kept separate and roughly chopped
- 3 bacon, cut into small strips
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1 small can white beans (navy or other small/medium sized beans), drained
- 1/2 tsp powdered chicken stock (+1/3 cup water) stock 1/3 chicken stock
- 1/3 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil and chili pepper flakes, and cook for a minute. Add bacon strips and cook for three minutes. Add the chard stems and cook for five minutes, until they are beginning to soften.
- Add the chard leaves, broth and beans, and cook for about seven minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Visit www.pickledplum.com for more recipes.