While every month brings with it a crop of new tunes, May's releases bring an unusually high number of fast songs and remixes. Both are ideal for your workout as quick tunes naturally lend themselves to momentum and remixes give proven hits a second wind.
On the uptempo end of things, you'll find songs above 140 beats per minute (BPM) from pop phenom Meghan Trainor, rockers Florence + The Machine, and breakout star Katy Tiz. In the remix department, you'll find a club cut from Kelly Clarkson, a collaboration between Maroon 5 and Nicki Minaj, and a version of "Uptown Funk" that dials up the intensity of an already boisterous track.
Just as a remix can breathe new life into a familiar favorite, a few new songs can liven up an entire playlist. So, take a listen to some this month's highlights, see what moves you, and put the winners to work.
Here's the full list, according to a poll on Run Hundred -- the web's most popular workout music blog.
- Natalie La Rose & Jeremih - "Somebody" - 105 BPM
- Meghan Trainor - "Dear Future Husband" - 158 BPM
- Mumford & Sons - "The Wolf" - 153 BPM
- Maroon 5 & Nicki Minaj - "Sugar (Remix)" - 121 BPM
- LunchMoney Lewis - "Bills" - 126 BPM
- Florence + The Machine - "Ship to Wreck" - 142 BPM
- Tove Lo - "Talking Body" - 120 BPM
- Kelly Clarkson - "Heartbeat Song (Nebuer Remix)" - 135 BPM
- Katy Tiz - "Whistle (While You Work It)" - 162 BPM
- Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars - "Uptown Funk (Dave Aude Remix)" - 124 BPM
Check out this month's top 10 workout songs on Run Hundred: www.RunHundred.com.
For more by Chris Lawhorn, click here.
For more from HuffPost Workouts, click here.
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more