Seth Cohen and Blair Waldorf have started dating, this according to Us Weekly. What's that you say? Seth and Blair are fictional characters and only the actors who played them, Adam Brody and Leighton Meester, are holding hands and making plans? Shut up with that noise! This is the moment many (me) have dreamed of: a cross-over romance between "The O.C." and "Gossip Girl" that could connect the two shows forever in fanfic paradise. (If only "Gossip Girl" were still on the air, then Seth could show up and be awesome and quirky and talk about buying tickets to the Postal Service reunion show at Barclays Center.)
To celebrate this budding new coupling, here are 15 other relationships that probably exist in the universe where Seth and Blair date ...
1. Taylor Townsend and Georgina Sparks are frenemies currently plotting against some Russian diplomat.
2. Kirsten and Lily hate each other, but do like the same white wine.
3. Sandy teaches Rufus how to be a better dad in exchange for unreleased Lincoln Hawk demos.
4. Bart Bass and Caleb Nichol are both alive (Caleb learned death-faking tips from Bart).
5. Luke and Nate co-run a fantasy football league. (Zach Stevens is a member.)
6. Julie Cooper marries Chuck Bass.
7. Kaitlin Cooper and Jenny Humphrey write a column together for xoJane.
8. Dorota moves into the pool house.
9. Theresa and Vanessa often engage in Twitter fights ... with each other.
10. Lindsay Gardner and Nelly Yuki work at The Huffington Post.
11. Jimmy Cooper and Howard Archibald open an accounting firm.
12. Ryan hires Ben Donovan to work at his construction company.
13. Marissa's ghost does coke with Serena.
14. Dan is still a dickhead.
15. Don't even ask about Summer right now.
The reality of being a woman — by the numbers. Learn more