Today sees the launch of the first ever (RED)RUSH. And what are we rushing towards? ZERO.
1,000 babies are born with HIV every day. By 2015, that number can be close to zero.
(RED)RUSH TO ZERO is the new initiative from (RED) that runs from June 1st to 10th and there are lots of different and fun ways for people to get involved to help end the transmission of HIV from moms to their babies. From music to social media and from gaming to driving, (RED)RUSH is tapping in to peoples' passion points and creativity to raise awareness and funds. Here are 10 ways to help fight AIDS during the 10 days of (RED)RUSH:
1.Buy a (RED) product and your choice will trigger the (RED) partner brand to contribute part of the proceeds from the sale to help fight AIDS. So when you're shopping for an iPod nano at Apple why not choose the (RED) one, or the (RED) headphones from Beats by Dr. Dre -- it costs you exactly the same as the non-(RED) version.
2. Check-in to (RED) partner Starbucks on foursquare and they'll donate $1 to help fight AIDS (up to $250,000/U.S. and Canada only). (RED) partners Bugaboo & Penfolds are also donating on check-ins at select retailers -- click here to find out where.
3. Play in The (RED)RUSH Games. It's the biggest video game tournament around -- so pick up your Xbox or PlayStation and play to win prizes and prestige all while fighting for an AIDS FREE GENERATION.
4. Bid on a (RED)ROWS concert ticket. Coldplay, The Killers, Tim McGraw, Death Cab for Cutie are all offering special (RED) tickets for sale to their shows with proceeds to the fight.
6. Sponsor one of the 70 women who are driving across Europe to raise money for the fight in the Cash & Rocket (RED) Tour.
7. Give an INSPI(RED) T-shirt as a gift to a friend.
8. Spread the word! Tell your friends about #REDRUSH on Twitter & Facebook. Just cut, paste and post this message:
1,000 babies are born with HIV every day. By 2015, that could be near zero. #REDRUSH TO ZERO June 1st to 10th. http://www.redrush.com @joinRED
9. Watch and share the new (RED) video.
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more