One of the best times to travel to the world's dreamiest destinations is right now, during the last few weeks of shoulder season. The travel industry has coined shoulder season as the period between high and low season, and what it means for you is smaller crowds, lovely weather and sweet deals across the globe.
Make your dream vacation a reality at these top 10 idyllic, affordable hotels.
1. Alberta, Canada Located in the heart of Banff National Park, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise offers a plethora of outdoor activities such as hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, fishing and rafting. After an adventurous day, guests have eight restaurants to choose from including a wine bar and a dining room with views of a glacier and the gorgeous Lake Louise. Travelers can save up to 25 percent off their hotel room when they book on Travelocity.
2. Bora Bora, French Polynesia Known for its world-class luxury and breathtaking surroundings, The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort offers everything from snorkeling, jet skiing, shark & ray feeding to sailing and sunset cocktail cruises. For those who have dreamed of visiting Bora Bora and sleeping in a villa over the water, the time to book is now. Starting mid-November through March, travelers will find airfare and hotel rates are the cheapest.
3. Buenos Aires, Argentina Now's your chance to visit one one of South America's most beautiful urban escapes, Buenos Aires. The city has tons to offer travelers including great shopping, diverse nightlife and a rich foodie scene. Situated in the heart of the city and within walking distance of the famous Recoleta District, the Buenos Aires Wilton Palace Hotel offers guests the chance to experience everything this enchanting city has to offer as well as an average nightly rate of $62 during the fall season.
4. London, UK One of London's largest hotels, the four-star Hilton London Metropole is a short 10-mintute walk to Oxford Street and West End where guests can enjoy cool boutiques and famous department stores in one of London's most popular shopping districts. Guests can dine at the hotel's sky-high restaurant, Mikano at the Met, and take in spectacular views of the magical city. Travelers can save up to 40 percent off their hotel room when they book on Travelocity.
5. Waikoloa Beach, HI Overlooking Anaeho'omalu Bay, the Waikoloa Beach Marriot Resort Spa sits on 15 acres of lush gardens and palm trees along the Big Island's Kohala Coast. Guests can participate in a variety of Hawaiian activities including lei-making, hula dancing, ukulele classes and a sunset luau. This four-star hotel is a steal for less than $170 a night.
6. Amalfi Coast, Italy Located in the breathtaking seaside town of Amalfi, Hotel La Pergola is a family-run hotel with beautiful rooms and terraces that provide magnificent views of Santa Croce Bay. The hotel's restaurant features delicious local cuisine with fresh vegetables, seafood, cheese and handmade pasta along with fine Italian wine stocked in its wine cellar. Travelers can enjoy a relaxing vacation at Hotel La Pergola this fall for less than $100 a night.
7. Curacao, CW Perfectly situated on the Caribbean Sea and Spanish Waters, the Hyatt Regency Curacao Golf Resort Spa And Marina is complete with a spa, salon, outdoor pools, cabanas and a beautiful golf course. Right now travelers who book a three-night stay on Travelocity will get the fourth night free.
8. Orlando, FL Just two miles from Walt Disney World and minutes from Universal Orlando and Sea World, the Mystic Dunes Resort is perfect for families looking to take a last minute trip this fall. After an exciting day at theme parks and golf courses, families can escape the crowds and partake in one of the resort's activities including miniature golf, tennis, basketball and heated pools. Travelers can book their stay at the spacious resort for up to 45 percent off this fall.
9. Cairns, Australia Nestled on the edge of Cairns magnificent waterfront, Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina Cairns is an elegant five-star hotel with a boardwalk that offers a variety of restaurants, cafes and bars and beautiful views of Marlin Marina and Trinity Bay. Near the City Centre, Esplanade Lagoon, and the Pier Shopping Complex, this hotel is an ideal spot for a quintessential North Queensland vacation. Travelers who book a three-night stay on Travelocity will receive 25 percent their hotel booking.
10. Nelspruit, South Africa Fulfill your safari dreams at the Mercure Hotel Nelspruit in South Africa. With 104 spacious suites, the hotel is near the Lowveld Botanical Garden and close to Kruger National Park. One of South Africa's most famous African safari destinations, Kruger National Park is home to Africa's Big Five: elephants, lions, rhinos, leopards and buffalos and offers travelers the chance to experience African wildlife firsthand. The Mercure Hotel Nelspruit offers a steal of the deal for $75 a night.
Follow Courtney Scott on Twitter: www.twitter.com/courtscott