Kitchens are especially enchanting especially during the holiday season. This is the heart of the home, a place where love can be expressed through creativity. Think about how one can take a classic recipe, and with a pinch of this and a dash of that, something delicious and original is born. Whether your creativity comes alive in your favorite food recipes, decorating or entertaining, here are some Feng Shui tips that will help you create a warm, welcoming atmosphere for all to enjoy.
1. Make holiday meals memorable -- round or oval tables are the best shapes for feng shui-friendly
energy (Chi) that may be lingering in your home. You and your company will feel refreshed and ready to celebrate.
3. Delight your guest's senses with pine and cinnamon, which are wonderful fragrance choices when entertaining. Are things getting too stressful to handle? You can create a calming environment during the holiday rush by using scents like lavender or chamomile.
4. The entrance or foyer is called your "Ming Tang" in Chinese. Do not block your Ming Tang with packages, cartons or bags. Keep the pathway to your front door uncluttered. This is where fresh energy and opportunities enter your space and your life.
5. Beautify your side doors. If you regularly enter your home through a side door, give it a beauty treatment by planting lush plants or holiday lights nearby. Make your guests feel as if they are entering your "castle" no matter which door they enter.
6. A room generously filled with platters of fruits, nuts and sweets is welcoming and also serves as a symbol of abundance. Your guests will feel well taken care of and your party will be well on its way to a joyous success!
Best wishes for a joyous holiday season filled with good Chi!
Follow Debra Duneier on Twitter: www.twitter.com/EcoChiTips