33 Civilians Killed by NATO Airstrike in Afghanistan

04/24/2010 05:12 am ET | Updated May 25, 2011
  • Derrick Crowe Unabashed nerd, unrepentant pacifist, ragey writer about imperialism.

According to the AP story on the incident:

"'This creates an opportunity for the Taliban to use this against the Afghan government and the Americans,' said Mohammed Hashim Watanwal, a lawmaker from southern Uruzgan province, where the strike took place. 'NATO has said that it will take care to avoid civilian casualties, but they don't follow through.'"

Among the dead were a 3-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl.

But at least we said we're sorry. I know an "aw, shucks" statement would calm my rage if those had been my kids. Yup. Like a charm.

Had enough? Join us on Facebook.