Monday night at the CFDA awards, I had the honor of presenting Ralph Lauren the 2010 Popular Award. This was the second year in a row that Ralph Lauren won the award. What is great about his collections is that he has something for everyone. He has a great range, and is an amazing designer.
In honor of the popular award, I thought it would be appropriate to talk about 11 popular things for summer.
Popular Fashion Trends of the Summer:
1. The white trend - When you look in all the store windows you see pure white. Pair white jeans with a white t-shirt and white blazer. If you want to dress up the look - add accessories. Right now Ann Taylor has some amazing jewelry that is fun and great for any age!
2. Cargo Jeans - Everyone knows that I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal. I feel most comfortable when I wear jeans and a T-shirt. Cargo Jeans are really trendy right now. They are a fun and feminine take on a rugged look, and are a way to diversify from change from my blue jeans.
3. Nautical Trend - This trend is perfect for summertime. This year Chanel, Chloe, Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton all showcased nautical styles in their 2010 resort collections. The nautical trend is a great way to make a statement and feel summery at the same time.
Popular Songs For Summer:
1. N.E.R.D. "Hot N Fun"
2. B.O.B. "Airplanes"
3. Travie McCoy "Billionaire"
4. Katy Perry "California Gurls"
5. David Guetta ft Afrojack "Louder than words"
Popular Beauty Products for the Summer:
1. L'Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze One Day
2. L'Oreal Paris Pro Manicure Nail Polish in Drama Queen
3. L'Oreal Paris Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara
Follow me on Twitter and tell me what you think is popular.