This simple exercise releases tension in the upper back, neck and shoulders. It's a great DIY massage that you can do before bed to unwind and relax tense muscles.
1. Lie on your back, knees bent and feet hip-width apart.
2. Place two tennis balls at the top of your shoulder blades, side-by-side, in the area where you love to have a massage.
3. Slowly lower head and shoulders down.
4. Place a pillow behind your head if your neck is uncomfortable.
5. Lift your arms to the ceiling, then move them slowly toward knees and then toward the wall behind you.
Note: Repeat this 10 times and to get the best results, pause on the tender areas for at least 10 seconds. Avoid placing tennis balls on your neck.
Releasing stress from the body is a great way to prepare for sleep - enjoy!
Dr. Lipman and the Be Well Team
Call Us: 888.434.9483
Wondering What To Eat?
This post details a sample meal plan, and Cleanse-friendly foods, recipes and snacks.
For more ideas visit this Facebook page -- it's frequently updated with Cleanse-friendly recipes.
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more