I met Barney Frank when he was on book tour for his memoir, Frank: A Life in Politics from the Great Society to Same-Sex Marriage here are 10 things I learned about him:
1. He was born in Bayonne, New Jersey.
2. He was in Congress representing Massachusetts for more than 30 years and chaired the House Financial Services Committee.
3. He was the first sitting member of Congress to enter a same-sex marriage.
4. He lives in Newton, Massachusetts and Portland Maine.
5. His memoir is not his first book, he also wrote Speaking Frankly What's Wrong With the Democrats and How to Fix It.
6. His all time favorite cliche is "better late than never".
7. Joseph Kennedy III succeeded him in Congress.
8. He went to Harvard both for undergraduate and law school.
9. His birth name is Barnett.
10. In 2009 he was one of three openly gay members of Congress, the other two were Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin and Jared Polis of Colorado.
Peace, love, compassion and blessings.
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more