Already overdoing it on the spiked egg nog? Stressed and don't want to host at your house this year? Need a holiday getaway? Poshbrood has done the research for you! The following are some fabulous family holiday travel packages for you and your brood:
A quiet and quaint family NYE on the Chesapeake Bay.
From Eastern Shore Vacations: New Years Eve Special: 25% off special for two nights, with early arrival, late departure and admission to First Night Talbot for up to 6 guests. Easton has a really nice family friendly event, called First Night Talbot, with entertainment, a "crab drop" both at 9:00 (so little ones can get to bed) and at midnight. Poshbrood likes a waterfront 3 bedroom cottage outside St. Michael's. It's clean and bright (we're not big fans of doilies), linens and towels are provided, there is also a pool table, hot tub, fireplace, Wi-Fi and you can bring Fido! Home sleeps 7 and is $1,000 for two nights. Reservations: EasternShoreVacations.com or 1-866-398-2722.
Great Cookie Caper! Affordable Family Fun for All This Holiday Season
Parents and pint-sized travelers can enjoy the holiday season together at The Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel by exploring the Boston Children's Museum, decorating ginger bread cookies, splashing around in the hotel's indoor pool (love this for hyper littles when it's cold outside!) and cozying up with a festive family movie. Families can take advantage of the holiday break and be merry with the "Great Cookie Caper" package, which includes:
- Deluxe overnight accommodations in one of our water inspired rooms
- Four tickets (2 adult and 2 children) to the Boston Children's Museum
- Gingerbread cookies delivered to your guest room on arrival (upon request) with a "Do-it-yourself" cookie decorating kit
- One complimentary in-room family movie per night
- Complimentary use of the health club and indoor pool
- Map of Boston for pint-sized travelers
Rates start at $169 per night and package is available from 12/01/2010 - 12/30/2010. Reservations can be made at RenaissanceBoston.com by entering promotional code FML, or by calling 1-800-HOTELS1 and asking for the "Great Cookie Caper" package. Package is based on availability and is not applicable to groups. Taxes and gratuities are not included. Reservations must be made 72 hours in advance.
The Muse New York 's "Pajama-Rama" Package
This luxury boutique hotel in Times Square is offering a package to benefit the Pajama Program, a non-profit organization that provides new, warm pajamas and books to children in need in the United States. Available now through December 27, the "Pajama-Rama" package allows guests to donate $10 of each room night to the Pajama Program.
- Accommodations with $10 of each room night going towards The Pajama Program
- Cozy slipper socks in-room upon arrival
- Milk and cookies at turndown
Package rates starting at $349 and valid now through December 27, 2010. Rate code PPRJ. For reservations, visit www.themusehotel.com or call (212) 485-2400.
Chocolate Holidays! Breakfast or Lunch with Santa Packages (Friday or Saturday Nights thru December 18th)
Since we're all going to gain 10 pounds in the next 3 weeks anyway, why not embrace your inner chocoholic? Join Santa for a fun-filled breakfast or lunch at Hershey Resorts! Package include:
- Deluxe accommodations
- Breakfast or lunch with Santa
- 1-day admission to Hersheypark Christmas Candyland
- Admission to Hershey Gardens (select dates)
- Admission to The Hershey Story: The Museum on Chocolate Avenue
Sun, Snow and Ice In Florida -- The Gaylord Palms in Orlando, FL
Kids (of all ages) won't believe their eyes when they experience Best of Florida Christmas at Gaylord Palms Resort, where they can dive into 9-degree frosty winter wonderland in the center of a tropical paradise. Whoa. Florida's favorite Christmas tradition, ICE!, is back and "bitter" than ever with 14,000-square-feet of awe-inspiring displays featuring hand-carved ice sculptures and slides - and puts a frigid spin on the classic story of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.
Snow in Orlando? Yes, at Gaylord Palms Resort there is a winter wonderland made of real snow, up to 40 tons. Snow! is a North Pole Carnival where families can explore a snow play area, complete with carnival-style games including " Frosty's Ring Toss," "Elf Bowling," a snowball target range and our Snow Way Cafe, featuring snow cones and cotton candy. There's even Snow Tube Runs! This is family fun in the sun beyond imagination! The package includes:
- Overnight Accommodations
- Two hour early entry and unlimited admission to ICE! on select dates (Nov. 26-28, Dec. 5, Dec. 11-12, Dec. 18- Jan. 2 only) -or- front of line access and unlimited admission to ICE! on all other dates
- SNOW! tickets
- Souvenir ICE! photo (one per room)
- Self Parking
- Resort Fee
- Room Price*: Starting at $199*
Package available for 1-6 nights and starts at $199. Reservations: gaylord.com or call (407) 586-2000
Wishing you and your Poshbrood Happy Holidays!