- I'm going to file my taxes in January this year.
- Shit, I missed Tax Day.
- Wait, when is Tax Day?
- Are any of my friends accountants?
- I have to know AT LEAST one accountant.
- I bet my parents know how to do this.
- I should call my parents.
- Can I do my taxes through Facebook?
- So what happens if I just tell the IRS I forgot?
- I guess a refund does sound good.
- I can just use TurboTax.
- Maybe if I complain about taxes on Twitter something good will happen.
- I've literally been paying taxes all year. What is this bullshit?
- I can't use TurboTax.
- H&R Block, is that a sunscreen?
- I actually have no idea how much money I made last year.
- Maybe I didn't make enough money to pay taxes.
- If you look at it THAT way, I'm richer than I thought.
- Well isn't that a personal question, tax software.
- NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS.
- Now I understand why rich people lie about this stuff.
- LOL, receipts.
- I guess this isn't so hard.
- Maybe I should be an accountant.
- Or maybe it's time for a beer break.
- WHY DO I LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY?!
- I thought Brooklyn had lower taxes...
- Wait, is this a scam?
- All of a sudden marriage doesn't sound all that scary.
- I'm going to file for an extension.
- Do I need to claim my coin jar as an asset?
- Can I deduct the cost of my new bicycle?
- Why did I have to grow up?
- Why isn't my dad calling me back?
- I'm going to send a follow-up text.
- Can I claim my cat as a dependent?
- Ugh, Dad is mad I waited this long to file my taxes.
- How did I even do this last year?
- Did I not file my taxes before?
- OK, time for a second lunch.
- I wonder how I'll spend my refund. I should probably invest it.
- Crap, so that boring document I got in the mail a couple months ago from my employer WAS important.
- Wasn't there a Simpsons episode about taxes? I should probably watch that.
- Welp, I'm now a Republican.
- Do I have to declare that Chanukkah gift from Grandma?
- I should donate a LOT more to charity.
- There's no way I did this right.
- Maybe I should start looking for those receipts.
- I'm totally getting audited.
- I want a sandwich.
- There's nothing "Turbo" about this at all.
- It looks soooo nice out.
- How did people do this before the Internet?
- I'm totally going to buy a new laptop with my refund.
- This question is literally not in English.
- How do people who aren't as smart as me do this?
- I'm going to come back to this tomorrow.
- I can't believe people choose to be accountants.
- Even my cat is bored now.
- I seriously need to get better about time management.
- Why didn't they ever teach us how to do this in school?
- I'm pretty sure the federal government will get by without these 30 bucks.
- They don't even try to make this fun.
- There's no way everyone does this on time.
- Score! Uncle Sam owes ME money!
- Now I'm going to order a fancy meal on Seamless.
- I deserve a good night out after this.
- I'm going to file my taxes in January next year.
The IRS tax filing deadline is April 15. You've been warned.
This is a W-2 form. It is important.
Very/moderately worried: 24 percent Not too/not at all worried: 60 percent
Very/moderately worried: 36 percent Not too/not at all worried: 58 percent
Very/moderately worried: 41 percent Not too/not at all worried: 27 percent
Very/moderately worried: 43 percent Not too/not at all worried: 55 percent
Very/moderately worried: 48 percent Not too/not at all worried: 50 percent
Very/moderately worried: 58 percent Not too/not at all worried: 41 percent
Very/moderately worried: 60 percent Not too/not at all worried: 38 percent
Very/moderately worried: 66 percent Not too/not at all worried: 30 percent
Follow Emily Cohn on Twitter: www.twitter.com/emily_cohn