If you can understand the power of feeling good right now, and not wait until you've lost the weight, found the guy or girl, or got the job, you hold the key to always being able to feel fulfilled, satisfied and joyful.
The key is remembering that you are the creator of your own life, and you get to decide exactly how you're going to feel about whatever situation you find yourself in.
So how can you find your bliss in the busy-ness of your never-ending to-do list? Start with these five steps:
1) Decide to let go of yesterday, last week and last year. When you let go of the past and instead focus on how and what you can do today to make it count toward your dream life, you're in the driver's seat of making it happen.
2) Say "yes!" from the moment your eyes open each morning. The following is a simple daily habit for feeling good now: From the moment you wake up in the morning, start saying the word "YES!" and keep repeating the word yes! and thinking yes! and feeling yes! What does yes feel like in your heart, in your hands, in your brain, what does it feel like in your gut? And as you get out of bed, jump up in the air and say YES! to your life and yourself. Look in the mirror and continue saying that magical word and the more you say it, the higher your vibration will skyrocket -- guaranteed.
3) Always reach for the better-feeling thought. In order to deliberately create the life you want, one that feels full of ease and joy, you need to be deliberately guiding your thoughts in good-feeling directions.
4) Surround yourself with upbeat positive people and let go of those who drain you. Jim Rohn, motivational speaker, hit the nail on the head with his quote: "You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with." We tend to subconsciously calibrate ourselves to the energy of those who we are around most -- regardless of whether they are a good influence or not, so become a more deliberator creator by choosing to spend time with people who match the vibration you're wanting.
5) It's not about doing everything perfectly but about infusing as much joy as possible into everything you do. Yes, that includes bill-paying or going to the dentist! Try it -- the next time you have bills to pay, put on your favorite music and allow yourself to feel gratitude. Not only for the things you're paying for and all that you can do with them, but also for the fact that you can actually afford to pay your own bills.