Taylor Swift Donates $250,000 To Kesha After Devastating Defeat In Court

Kesha's mom, Pebe Sebert, shared the news with fans on Twitter.

02/22/2016 09:36 am ET | Updated Feb 22, 2016

Just a few days after Kesha's devastating day in court, Taylor Swift has donated $250,000 to the "Blow" singer.

On Sunday night, Kesha's mom, Pebe Sebert, shared the good news via Twitter.

"Taylor Swift has just generously donated $250,000. to Kesha, as a show of support during this difficult time. AMAZING!!" she tweeted. "A persons wealth is not measured by what they have but by WHO they they help with it. And Taylor Swift is is a truly RICH PERSON. Thank you🌹"

A rep for Swift also confirmed the news to The Huffington Post on Monday, saying, "In a show of support, Taylor Swift has donated $250,000 to Kesha to help with any of her financial needs during this trying time." 

Swift is the latest in a long list of stars -- including Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson, Lady Gaga, Darren Hayes and Demi Lovato -- to rally in support of the singer. Lovato, however, didn't seem too impressed with Swift's donation. 

After penning a Twitter essay on female empowerment, the "Confident" songstress shared a cryptic tweet many believe was aimed at Swift. 

"Take something to Capitol Hill or actually speak out about something and then I'll be impressed," Lovato wrote. 

Kesha herself has yet to comment on Swift's donation. We have reached out to her rep and will update this post accordingly.

The outpouring of support for Kesha comes after a judge denied her motion to be released from her contract with Sony last Friday.

Kesha has been involved in an ongoing legal battle with her producer, Dr. Luke (born Lukasz Gottwald), since 2014, when she accused him of sexual assault and battery.

Prior to her court date last week, Kesha's contract barred her from making music with any producer other than Gottwald. However, after Friday's ruling, she is now allowed to work with another producer under Sony. The decision came after a judge dismissed her lawyer's claims that the record label was "setting her up to fail" and won't promote her music if she chooses not to work with Gottwald. 

Kesha's attorney, Mark Geragos, told The Huffington Post last week that it remains unclear if any new music will be released under another Sony imprint. 

Geragos also called Sony’s offer allowing Kesha to work with other producers a "small step," however they wanted "complete separation from Luke."

"We're going to move forward and we're going to get her that," he said. "She doesn't have to be victimized repeatedly by this guy."

Also on HuffPost: 

Celebrity News & Photos
HuffPost

CONVERSATIONS