Do you think that some stories are best told in 15 seconds or less? Do you think every social channel presents a unique opportunity to reach new audiences in exciting ways? We’re seeking a creative producer to tell stories in atomized, shareable, short-form videos that resonate with our social audiences. From telling news stories in new ways to creating original series, you'll do it all.
Location: New York
Position Type: Full Time
- Devise and produce video content that’s destined primarily for mobile audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat and other platforms
- Explore and experiment with video on emerging social platforms
- Constantly expand your expertise on ever-changing social platforms and hone your understanding of what type of video content performs best, and where
- 2-4 years of demonstrated video production experience
- A clear understanding of the differences between social networks and a knack for creating platform-specific content
- Strong interest in emerging platforms, and building out HuffPost’s brand on these platforms
- Proficiency with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere or similar video editing software
- Experience with motion graphics (Adobe After Effects) and stop-motion animation strongly preferred
- Experience with DSLR cameras
- Familiarity with how video is shared on social media, and understanding of how video is handled differently on each platform
- A good sense of humor: It's key to succeeding at this role, and culturally at HuffPost
- Driven attitude: This is a new position, and it requires an individual who is both a self-starter and an enthusiastic collaborator
- Team player: The Huffington Post boasts one of the largest online newsrooms in the country, and you’ll be working across many teams
- While the position is primarily a visual one, strong writing skills are a plus, as is any experience with social analytics
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Huffington Post
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 214 million unique visitors per month (comScore, global multiplatform, January 2015). The site has almost 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India and the Arabic world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.