Asking a couponer why they are addicted to couponing is like asking a porn star why they have sex for money -- it's all about the orgasm! I'm going to give you my opinion from a female couponer point of view. I coupon for many reasons.
1. I started when I became sick, just to save money for the house. I love saving money and it has allowed me to have a nice stockpile -- we never run out of anything. There is no greater feeling knowing that all I have to do is go into the basement to grab whatever items we might need.
SCROLL DOWN FOR AN EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEAK AT MONDAY'S EPISODE OF TLC'S "EXTREME COUPONING"
2. Couponing has allowed us to help family, friends, neighbors and multiple charitable organizations. I love being able to help people in need -- I'm not a miracle worker; I just know how to find a great deal. Recently my niece and nephew fell on hard times and had to move in with us. If it wasn't for my couponing, there wouldn't be any way for me be able to feed the extra mouths. Now there are five people living in my home plus, my four dogs. No one ever misses a meal thanks to my couponing.
3. My daughter graduates from high school this June. She's attending college in the fall and I'm sure she will have expenses that we'll have to pay out of pocket. As a parent I want my daughter to have quality education, and I'm proud to know we will be able to help out.
4. Since my first appearance on TLC's Extreme Couponing, I've lost 100 pounds. Couponing has allowed me to hire one of the best personal trainers in Detroit.
5. Last and final reason: I'm 34 years old want to be debt-free by the time I'm 40. I'm well on my way; we don't have a mortgage -- our home is paid off and we don't use credit cards.
As always an extreme couponer is an extreme giver -- don't forget to give back!
This episode of "Extreme Couponing" will air on Monday, June 11 at 10 p.m. (9 p.m. CT)
Check Out Some Photos Of Faatima's Stockpiles
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more