There are many reasons to participate in National Napping Day. My 3-year-old is not swayed by any of them because...
1. She is 3.
2. It's too warm in her room.
3. She needs water.
4. It's too cold in her room.
5. She needs doggie.
6. She needs baby snow leopard.
7. I didn't read the third "Clifford" story.
8. Daddy is supposed to lay on the floor.
9. No, Daddy, NOT MOMMY.
10. That thing (the fan) is making a scary noise.
11. She needs blankie.
12. She is hungry for fruit bunnies.
13. The light is too bright.
14. It's NOT NIGHTTIME.
15. She has to go potty.
16. She is not in our bed.
17. She is 3.
(All of the above are good indicators that my baby is getting so big and she is ready to drop the nap, but still. But still.)
Earlier on HuffPost via Naps Happen:
HuffPost Parents offers a daily dose of personal stories, helpful advice and comedic takes on what it’s like to raise kids today. Learn more