Do you often experience synchronicity in your life? Maybe you think of someone and then they call, or the song you were singing in your mind begins to play on the stereo. I experience this awesomeness on a daily basis. As a spirit junkie, I've made it my mission to release the blocks to the energetic support around me. The more I believe in divine guidance the more miracles I experience.
A super groovy way I receive guidance is through repeating numbers. For years I've witnessed 1111 show up in many unique ways, such as on computer screens, digital clocks, addresses, etc. Intuitively I see these moments as sweet winks from the universe, reminding me that I am being guided. I am not alone in this philosophy. Many other spirit junkies believe that when you frequently see 1111 you're receiving a message to recalibrate your consciousness and intuition.
It's super neat to receive these messages, but it's far cooler to respond to them. Rather than just chalk up these moments to a groovy coincidence I've chosen to witness the guidance and respond. Each day when I have an encounter with 1111, I recite a prayer. I say out loud to my internal guide (aka my ~ing), "Thank you for your message. I am present to your guidance. Show me what you got." I could easily breeze past these moments of divine guidance, but I choose to use them as spiritual cues to tune in and connect to the energy around me. When I'm in tune and connected, I expect miracles.
Divine guidance is available to you, too. All the time, in fact! The first step is to stop questioning the synchronicity in your life. When you question it you weaken the power in the moment. Rather than flip out about the "coincidence," choose to honor the miracle. Pay attention to moments of synchronicity.
The next step to creating more synchronicity and flow is to strengthen your faith in miracles. Negative self-talk and "it's too good to be true" mumbo-jumbo weakens your desires -- rev up your faith instead. Start to affirm that you believe you are a miracle worker. The more you let go of disbelief and focus on a belief system of faith, the more you'll experience divine guidance. Faith in miracles clears space for divine guidance to show up and support you.
Once you believe in guidance it's time to pay attention to it. Spiritual guidance comes in many forms. Maybe you witness guidance through repeating numbers, or you feel a strong intuition, or you experience tons of synchronicity. There are all kinds of ways to tap into the divine.
Still not sure? Check out these examples of spirit guidance:
Spirit connects through people. Ever notice those moments when you're thinking of someone and they call, text or email? This is a great example of spirit energy at work. Regardless of how physically far you may be from someone you can trust that your spiritual connection is always strong. When you are thinking about someone you can surely assume they will feel it and vice-versa.
Connecting to spirit also comes through a strong intuitive feeling. When I connect through intuition I get a strong hit about something. I hear an inner dialogue that is loud and authoritative -- there is no questioning my intuition. The way you can strengthen your intuition is to take it seriously. Pay attention to your intuitive spark and listen when it comes through. Maybe jot down your intuition in a notebook or repeat it out loud to yourself. Don't rush past it. Instead, honor your intuition and fully take it in.
Spirit also connects to us through visual cues and technology. My 1111 encounters are great examples of how spirit will remind me of my guidance. You may experience spiritual connections through your phone, computer or stereo. Often the lights in my home go on and off. I take this as a nod from my spirit guides and pay attention. (So stop bitching to Con Edison and trust that you're being guided!)
Once you're aware of spirit's connection, you can surrender to divine guidance. The first step to working with divine guidance is to be open to receiving it. Begin today by paying attention to the ways that spirit is connecting to you. Then practice the following steps to deepen your miracle mindset and awareness of spirit:
• Practice non-interference. Working with divine spirit guidance is not like playing with magic. I want to emphasize this! Don't eff around. Connecting to the flow of the universe is our birthright, not some secret trick. So try your best not to interfere with the natural order. Instead, pay attention to your intuitive guidance and take spiritually-aligned action.
• Patience is key when working with the universe. It's important to trust that spirit has a way better plan than you do. Enjoy the synchronistic flow and let go of the outcome. Connections may speed up and signs may come in, but you have to allow the spiritual process of flow to occur. Don't rush the process. Let the universe do her thing.
• Be still. In stillness you will receive guidance. The more you cultivate serious time for contemplation and stillness the easier it will be for you to hear spirit's call. One way you can do this is by practicing meditation and yoga. If you're a meditation newbie, click here (gabbyb.tv) for my free guided meditations.
• Gratitude is your only attitude when connecting to spirit. Each day thank the infinite universe and divine spirit guidance. Say prayers throughout the day thanking spirit for guiding you to exactly what you need. This gratitude will strengthen your faith in miracles and enhance your relationship to the guidance around you.
• Finally, listen for guidance. Pay close attention to what comes through and do not edit it. Just be present with the messages you receive. Listen and take spiritually aligned action.
Want to learn more about divine synchronicity and spirit guidance? Join me on the auspicious day of 11/11/11 for my Spirit Junkie Live lecture celebrating and activating our attracting power. This awesome event starts with a lecture from me on the topic of divine synchronicity and spirit guidance, followed by a power panel with Spirit Junkies Marie Forleo, Josh Pais, Tara Stiles, Latham Thomas and the Astro Twins. Get all the groovy details and sign up HERE.
Follow Gabrielle Bernstein on Twitter: www.twitter.com/gabbybernstein