By Lori Garcia for GalTime.com
You'd never know it to look at me, but I'm a total sexpot. OK, just kidding. But really folks, as I get older I'm beginning to not only appreciate what makes me unique, I'm beginning to recognize the power of my feminine wiles. Better late than never, I suppose.
What I don't have, it seems, are the sexy tools needed to put those wiles to use.
Let's take a look at eight sexy items every woman should own and why:
1. Shapewear lingerie: You heard me, shapewear. As in lingerie that shapes your body. Who doesn't need that? If you're anything like me, lingerie has made you feel slightly foolish in the past. Ooo, like at me in this see-through nighty barely covering my saggy naughty bits. Does my cellulite turn you on? Imagine not having to feel that way! LIBERATING!
2. Stiletto heels: Girl, I couldn't walk more than three steps in stilettos, but lucky for most of us, the bed isn't much further than the closet. Buy 'em, wear 'em, own the night. Me-ow.
3. Red undies: Listen, I'm not going to tell you to wear these scarlet skivvies for your partner. Wear them for you. Knowing that you're sporting bold and sexy undergarments is enough to rev your sexual mojo and boost your feminine confidence. Try it, you'll see.
4. A killer red lipstick: Gwyneth Paltrow once said, "Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick." Even if you're not a fan of Gwynnie, there's truth in her sentiment. Red lips don't apologize; they're a bold statement of beauty and confidence. Step out of the shadows with a sexy confident smile.
5. Good bubble bath: Move aside the Mr. Bubble, it's time to upgrade your suds in favor of delicious sensuality. A good soak to relax your body and mind is a great way to reward yourself and refresh your sexy spirit.
6. LBD: Every woman needs a little black dress fits her like a glove. I don't care if you have to beg, borrow, or steal this number (from a girlfriend, not a department store), just get one. Have it tailored to fit your body and bask in the glory of a classic staple guaranteed to make you feel as beautiful as you are.
7. Signature perfume: I'm not much of a perfume wearer, but when I bother to spritz on my signature scent, I feel all-powerful. Take the time to discover the scent that reflects your personality.
8. Denim: While most of us have a closet full of jeans that we never actually wear, few of us take the time to invest in one really good pair of jeans that hugs us tight in all the right places. Dressed up with heels and a blazer or down with your favorite team jersey, you're sure to look like a million bucks because you feel like one in classic denim.
Have any sexy items to add?
More from GalTime.com:
- Expert Makeup Tips for Moms
- Sizzling Swimsuits Under50
- Haircare: What You Can Do Yourself and What to Leave to Professionals
- No Sweat! Bright Ideas for Melt-Proof Makeup
Lori Garcia is an editor and mother of two, living and loving in sunny CA. When she's not fussing with her bangs she authors Mommyfriend, a blog that almost never combines true tales of motherhood and mayhem with her education in Child Development.
Follow GalTime on Twitter: www.twitter.com/galtime