One week from today, Californians can stand up for equality and protect the freedom to marry in our state by voting NO on Prop. 8. To protect the rights of all Californians, we need to do everything in our power to persuade every single person we know to vote NO on Prop 8.
We have just 7 days to get this message out - to use our own words and speak from our hearts about why this issue is so important. And there are 7 easy ways that you can make a difference.
Here's what you can do:
1. CONTRIBUTE Donate online right now to help fight the right-wing extremists pouring money into California from out-of-state.
3. SHOW YOUR OPPOSITION TO 8 Download a sign and show your neighborhood that you stand firm against Proposition 8.
4. TEXT MESSAGE Text "NOON8" to 30644, and get updates about what you can do in the final days leading up to the election to help the No on Prop. 8 campaign - then send text messages to your friends and family asking them to vote No on Prop. 8.
5. SOCIAL NETWORK Post why you're voting No on Prop. 8 to your Facebook or MySpace profile, or write a blog about why California needs to protect marriage equality.
6. MAKE A VIDEO Record a video message and post it to YouTube, and show the world that you're standing up for equality.
7. GET THE FACTS You've seen the commercials - the sponsors of Prop. 8 are spreading misinformation as quickly as possible. Get the facts for yourself and learn why Prop. 8 is bad for families and bad for California.
We have just 7 days to protect the fundamental freedom of all Californians to marry. Join me, and let's make sure we do everything we can to defeat Prop. 8.