style="float: left; margin:10px">By Jessica Lubin and Melissa Mann, Glamour magazine
If you think "Will you marry me?" is the only thing running through a guy's head before he pops the question, think again.
1. "I don't want to ask. If she says no, I am leaving town. She never says no to me, watch her say no this time. I forgot to read the refund policy on the ring...sh*t. She better say yes! I hope she says yes."
--Julian, 26, Milwaukee
Related: 12 Secret Signs He's Into You
2. "I hope she likes the ring."
--Sean, 29, New York City
3. "I got excited and told people I was going to do it, so I just wanted to make sure it stayed a secret. Also, the day of the proposal, I was going crazy trying to make sure I remembered to do everything before it actually happened."
--Brian, 24, New York City
4. "I was worried that she would eat the ring because it was in her sorbet."
--Allen, 24, Plainfield, Conn.
5. "Right before I proposed, all I could think about was how pretty my girl looked, even though it was below freezing outside and we were both bundled up. It reminded me why I wanted to marry her in the first place."
--JD, 21, Red Lion, Pa.
6. "How am I going to do this? How am I going to behave myself for the rest of my life? OK, she's a great girl. She's worth it."
--Ben, 26, New York City
7. "I kept thinking to myself that I couldn't believe I was about to ask the girl I love to spend the rest of her life with me."
--Nathan, 24, Morgantown, W.Va.
8. "I proposed on the beach and high tide was coming in. I was thinking, Am I gonna get wet?"
--Brent, 32, Dallas
See more: 15 Foods That Boost Your Metabolism
9. "Even though this is what I wanted, I think most guys ask themselves, Is this what I really want? And I of course wondered what she would think of the sign that asked her to marry me."
--Brian, 36, Phoenix, Ariz.
10. "She said yes before I asked. The ring was on a bulldog's collar. So I was just happy."
--Nick, 32, New York CityMore from Glamour: