Darlings, if there's one thing I know in this life, it's that you must invest in your relationships every single day. Not a day goes by that I don't sit back and marvel at how lucky I am to have found Shelly.
Our lives are filled with several types of relationships. Let's talk about our relationships with our partners, grandchildren and girlfriends. This will be a short survey on what I have learned over the years.
Here are some key words that keep my relationships alive and well!
1. Attention: Your partner should always come first. I learned this from my mother as I observed how she treated my father. He came first, even ahead of my brother and me. She was correct. We eventually left the nest.
2. Romance: Tell your husband you love him. I tell my husband I love him everyday and many days I tell him more than once. Dress for your husband.
3. Praise: Men like to have their mane patted. Come to think of it, everyone does. Give praise.
4. Appreciation: Don't take anything for granted. I thank my husband for something daily. It can be the smallest thing.
5. Argue: Fight fair!
6. Love: Hold hands in the movies... kiss one another good-night... etc.!
CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN
1. Unconditional love: GRANDmothers are safe-love, always. Be a safe haven for your grandchildren.
2. Time and not money: Send emails and texts during the week especially if you live apart. Be the one to make the "every" Sunday phone call so it becomes habit. Money will bring love for a moment. Time will bring love for a lifetime.
3. Support: Always validate your grandchildren's feelings. You must 'think' about how you felt at their age.
4. Pass on family traditions and history: Grandchildren love to learn about the history and traditions of their family. I tell them 'history stories' with a message. I make the stories very exciting or thought provoking, etc.
5. Stay young at heart: You shouldn't act like an old fuddy-duddy with your grandchildren. You should be up to date on fashion, technology and their special interests.
6. Values and wisdom: This is your ultimate responsibility as a GRANDmother. Leave your grandchildren with valuable knowledge in their head. They will remember what you taught them. I know!
1. Trust: Prove you are trustworthy. The normal rule of thought, "If you tell one person, it is no longer a secret." Prove your confidence to your friends.
2. Maintenance: Make an effort. Remember, friendships take a lot of tender, loving care.
3. Share: Share activities and intellectual interests with your close friends.
4. Like-minded: Choose women who have your qualities of character.
5. Self-disclosure: Disclose who you really are. It is a vulnerable feeling but will create a true bond.
Do Something Good Today... Tell Those You Care About That You Love Them!
For more Good Morning Stories, click here.
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more