Don't believe what the spiritual sharks and clever carnival hustlers tell you about fearless living -- they lie. But you already sense the truth of this, or you wouldn't still be looking for ways to escape those everyday fears that stalk your happiness like a lion does the unwary gazelle.
The deepest parts of you know that if freedom from fear was as easy as "creating a new reality" for yourself, then you would already be the fearless person you know in your heart that you're meant to be. It's just not that easy... which brings us to a great liberating truth, an insight you must prove to yourself before you can know its power to dismantle any fear.
When it comes to the fearless life, the divine gives nothing freely... save to those who freely give themselves to discovering the truth about their own fearless selves. The good news is that this supreme confidence and calm already lives within you, needing only your realization of its unshakable presence in order to empower you with the fearlessness you seek.
The following seven laws are like a golden invitation to your own coronation. To "open" each one and receive its royal instruction about how to live free of fear, you need do only one thing: Ask sincerely that you might understand its secret message, and then, when the answer comes, welcome those insights as long-lost friends -- for that is exactly what they are. They will do the rest for you.
- When you know that what you're looking for is what you already are -- and not what you may become -- you stand on the threshold of fearless living.
- No psychological fear exists without negative imagination.
- When it comes to fear, the feel is real... but the "why" is a lie.
- You cannot change one thing about times past or the fears that belong to old regrets, but you can be in a different relationship with what is happening to you right now -- and that changes everything!
- Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
- Your experience of any moment -- good or bad, calm or conflicted -- is a direct reflection of your understanding about it. This means that the only thing that frightens you about any event is what you've yet to understand about yourself.
- The universe itself is actually set up for you to succeed with realizing the fearless life, which means that you are made for whatever happens to you!
Now to these seven laws, let's add three additional facts that will help prove the possibility of a fearless life. Taken alone, each of the following statements supplies insight into the seemingly impenetrable darkness that surrounds any fear. Taken altogether, these bright new facts reveal a whole new understanding that penetrates fear's protective shell, dispelling both the feared and the fearful at once. The light that remains is freedom.
We can either spend our lives struggling to protect ourselves from our fears -- which is the general existence of the unconscious masses -- or we can learn how to use our lives to discover that, in reality, there is no self to fear, and that the shaky world perceived by this shadow-self is but its own unreal shadow. The good news is that it's possible to learn so much about the nature of fear that one day, it simply runs out of ways to make you believe in its shaking.
No fact is frightening unless it runs into conflict with what you want. When this happens, the fear is not in the event, but in you -- who have decided that in order to feel secure, life must jump through your hoop. The fear you feel is in your hoop, not in the fact that life may have jumped unexpectedly.
Last but by no means least of these fear-busting ideas is this final fact and implied action: It is in your power to discover that who you really are has nothing to fear, but that you make yourself fearful each time you look outside of yourself for some power to make you feel fearless.
For more by Guy Finley, click here.
For more on becoming fearless, click here.
Follow Guy Finley on Twitter: www.twitter.com/guy_finley