Americans have known our health care system was broken for years. During the 2008 Presidential campaign, tragic stories about health care were the number one subject that people talked to then candidate Obama about. So what is the Republican's top agenda now in Congress? To repeal the progress that has been made. Let's take this fight on with relish this time. I am cheering on the House Democrats that will fight this on the floor this week and praying that Democratic Senators don't get cold feet and want to support repeal action if the House passes a repeal bill.
We simply can't run away from a story with so much success and a law that is just now beginning to show some benefits to the American people.
Democrats and Independents need to rally around the president now. We cannot let the Republicans and the tea partiers get away with continuing to lie about the impact of this bill and negating the actual benefits to so many Americans in need.
Let's take the Republican's signature word and wrap it around their ears.
ObamaCare? You BET he does!
- Obama cares if insurance companies can once again be able to drop people when they get sick -- exactly when coverage is needed most.
- Obama cares if children with preexisting conditions are denied coverage, while insurance companies impose devastating annual and lifetime caps.
- Obama cares that young people stay on their parents' plans until age 26.
- Obama cares if pregnant women and breast cancer survivors can be denied coverage.
- Obama cares if seniors face an increase in their prescription drug costs -- millions thrown back into the Medicare Part D Donut Hole -- denying seniors a 50% discount on prescription drugs and re-creating the devastating coverage gap.
- Obama cares if health care repeal explodes the federal deficit by143 billion over the next ten years and1 trillion over the next two decades.
ObamaCares and John Boehner doesn't. Bring it on.