She's a cancer survivor, we get it. Good for her. She beat it. She's a great fundraiser. She speaks Spanish, Yiddish and some form of English. The sound of her laugh gives that Sarah Palin turkey-in-the-background noise a run for its money.
Fran Drescher is a lot of things -- but the next Senator from New York?
It's been awhile since I've seen The Nanny, so I spent some time researching Frannie last night using old school methods such as TV Land and IMDB.
My conclusion on Senator Nanny: It couldn't hurt!
We know how you people like lists, so, with ALL deference to David Letterman, here are my top ten reasons why I'm supporting Frannie as our next U.S. Senator from the Empire State.
1. She's actually from New York
2. During his meeting with her, Gov. David Patterson probably wished he were deaf too
3. Tony Manero turned her down as a dance partner in Saturday Night Fever; although he did
filibuster with her quite often in the flick. (Say it aloud...it makes the filibuster line funnier)
4. Renee Taylor who played her mother on The Nanny would make a fantastic chief of staff
5. Latkes in the Senate Chamber on Chanukah!
6. Along with Chuck Schumer, New York's Senate team will combine to have the most annoying
voices in the U.S. history
7. After working with Snoop Dogg on a commercial, she knows how to shizzle her fazizzle
8. As a sitcom star, she's used to only working 13 weeks a year
9. She's from Flushing...home of the New York Mets
10. She looks like my wife and my wife's hot