iOS app Android app More

Man hospitalized with burns in barbecue explosion

stumbleupon: Man hospitalized with burns in barbecue explosion   digg: US Works With Sudan Government Suspected Of Aiding Genocide   reddit: Man hospitalized with burns in barbecue explosion   del.icio.us: Man hospitalized with burns in barbecue explosion

December 31, 2012 11:07 AM EST | AP


LONG BEACH, Calif. — A Southern California man has been hospitalized after a barbecue exploded and touched off a house fire.

City News Service says the Long Beach man was lighting a barbecue in the rear portion of his home when there was a flash explosion just before dawn on Monday.

The blast sparked a small fire that was quickly extinguished by firefighters

The man is in a hospital with second-degree burns on his face. His name hasn't been released.