In celebration and with great elation,
I researched high and low, left and right
to find quotes that might take flight.
Quotes that delight my fancy,
Even though my name's not Nancy!
In addition, I include a recipe that feeds the soul,
made of green stuff minus the mold!
A video too meant to get you through
feeling anew, without further ado,
and a yuzz-a-muzz-tuzz to you!
My Top 10 Dr. Seuss Quotes
1. Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.
2. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
3. From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
4. I'm sorry to say so but, sadly it's true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you!
5. My alphabet starts with this letter called yuzz. It's the letter I use spell yuzz-a-ma-tuzz. You'll be sort of surprised what there is to be found once you go beyond 'Z' and start poking around!
6. So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.
7. And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed.
8. Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky!
9. From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
10. If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.
Green Eggs and Ham a la Our Lady of Weight Loss (my muse)
who Leaves No Moss!
as she Walks Her Talk!
4 slices of Ham (turkey ham, organic!)
4 egg whites
1 tablespoon 2% milk
1 drop of green food coloring!
salt n' pepper to taste
Spray non-stick on large frying pan
Heat over medium heat
Toss ham slices on pan and brown until edges are slightly crisp
Remove ham from the pan * set aside. ...
THEN: in a medium sized mixing bowl, combine: eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
Beat with whisk until frothy.
Add drop of green food coloring (or two depending on how green you want to make it!)
Spray pan again; heat.
Add egg mixture to pan.
Stir the egg mixture with a spatula. Yup, scramble 'em!
Transfer eggs to plate.
Place ham on plate!
Serve with whole wheat toast and orange juice!
A fantastically fun, healthy and happy birthday celebration!
I invite you to rhyme Dr. Seuss style with me, today (or every day!).
Please leave your poems, rhymes and fun comments below.
Spread the word ... NOT the icing,
Become a fan!!! Please! See link above.