Are you stressed? Irritable? Having trouble sleeping?
Do you feel like screaming? Crying? Eating??? You are NOT alone!
In these stressful times, it's essential to have an arsenal of coping mechanisms at hand - other than food. I mean, really, is there any point in heading to the fridge? Nothing recession proof in there!
So hang in ... Our Lady of Weight Loss has TEN CHEAP n' EASY THNGS YOU CAN DO TO BUST YOUR RECESSION STRESS that she'd like to share with you. And they're pretty much free, with the exception of Vitamin C, which is pretty cheap.
* Breathe. No kidding, take in a few deep cleansing breaths and slow down.
* Change your routine. If you've been sitting all day thinking, get up and get physical. Take a walk, stretch. And, if you've been lifting heavy boxes from sunrise to sunset, sit down and think deep thoughts.
* Keep things in perspective. Practice the 'this too shall pass' mantra.
* Smile and laugh a lot. Every chance you get.
* Prioritize. Concentrate on one task at a time. Multi-tasking can be nerve-wracking.
* Don't put off what can be done today. Get those unpleasant tasks out of the way as soon as possible.
* Call a friend. Talk it through. Vent. (I use 'The Five People Plan.' When stressed or upset, I tell five people about it. By the time I get to the fifth person, I'm so over it and really tired of hearing myself!)
* Add Vitamin C to your diet. Studies show that Vitamin C knocks out the secretion of stress hormones.
* Do something creative! Relieve some tension by using your imagination. Garden, read, sing, dance, paint, draw, play an instrument, make macaroni art - anything you can think of that takes you away from the stress and opens your mind to the possibilities.
* Chant. "Aum Mani Padme Hum"
Spread the word ... NOT the icing!
You can find out more about Janice Taylor, Life & Wellness Coach, Author of the Our Lady of Weight Loss books by visiting Our Lady of Weight Loss/Beliefnet Blog and Janice's webiste, Our Lady of Weight Loss.
Follow Janice on Twitter
For Life & Wellness Consult, write Janice.