On this week's episode of The Jenny Isenman Show, I talk with the Nutrition Twins, Tammy and Lyssie Lakatos, about juicing, juice fasts, superfruit smoothies, and teas in every color of the rainbow, which are all touted to be "the next best thing." They claim to do everything: They'll make you skinnier, smarter, healthier, hotter, detoxified, and more fun to be around. Or will they? I wanted to know, so I can spend more time worrying about other things, like when I can fit in a shower!
See why the Nutrition Twins think juice fasts DON'T work, why you can stop trying to guzzle eight glasses of water daily, why your coffee addiction is totally justifiable, and why the blender you already have is better than the pricey juicer you want to buy:
Also in this episode:
- You'll meet my guests, Lyssie and Tammy Lakatos (The Nutrition Twins). They're incredibly knowledgeable, but little and cute, like action figures... really smart action figures.
- I'll reference some old school Gen X faves, like Mad Dog 20/20, Boone's and Peach Shnapp's... don't pretend you never sipped them from the bottle!
- You'll get to know my hot barista, whose sole job is to whisper "Mommy Porn"-inspired sweet nothings like: "Tonight I'll do the dishes and fold all the laundry!"
- The barista is shirtless and was based on Ryan Gosling memes!
- I'll embarrassingly call one of my guests the wrong name, but to be fair, she called me Bill moments earlier, which was edited out, so I say we're even.
- Did I mention the shirtless barista?
To read more Jenny From the Blog, visit her site: The Suburban Jungle
To follow Jenny on FB: Go to I Love Jenny From the Blog
For more on diet and nutrition, click here.
For more by Jenny Isenman, click here.